List,

I have a piece of Ruby code and a piece of PHP code that I would like to serve
as part of one web page.  My server has been setup such that it can serve Ruby
and PHP pages individually, but I'm not sure if there exists the means to get
Apache to interpret a block of Ruby code in the same page as a block of PHP
code?  As I understand it, Apache determines which interpreter to used based on
the extension of the page, so I would need to start by figuring out some way to
circumvent this obstacle.

Various web research I've done suggests that I might be able to use proxying to
get the two code modules served in one page, but I'm not sure what sort of
performance penalties that would incur?  The page I would like to create will
be performance-sensitive, so if proxying comes at a significant time cost, it
will probably not be a viable solution to me.

Thanks for any help or ideas!
Bill