Thank you for taking a look at this issue.

It seems that since mod_rewrite was compiled into httpd via the "-- enable-mod-rewrite" flag on configure, uncommenting "LoadModule rewrite_module .." actually errors on my machine. I am using a fresh copy of 2.2, and this might have something to do with "LoadModule" being unnecessary...

On Jun 24, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Daniel Shi wrote:

Hi,

I tried on my local machine, it doesn't complain about the syn error, but I have the following line enabled:

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so -> LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

    I thought this should be enabled to get rewrite_module loaded.

    Hope this works for you.

Daniel Shi

________________________________

From: Eraticus Majoricus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 25/06/2007 4:01 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Getting a simple mod_rewrite "Rewrite

Apache users,

I have had a problem with the use of mod_rewite. I'm hoping that
someone can point me in the right direction...

To test the usage of mod_rewrite, I am trying to direct users who
connect to "/" to get /index.html.fr, that is, the French version of
the default home page. In order to do this, I have added this to the
httpd.conf file:

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
#AddModule mod_rewrite.c
Options SymlinksIfOwnerMatch
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html.fr [L]

This seems to have no effect at all. If I have a syntax error in my
RewriteRule directive, I receive an error, but if it is correct, it
seems not to affect the behavior of httpd in the least.

The test platform is a Mac running OS 10.4. The version of httpd is
2.2 compiled fresh.

I would be thankful for any help at all.

<winmail.dat>