Dear list,

I would like to get your thoughts on how to implement the following use
case:

We wish to control access to certain URLs based upon some authorisation
scheme (don't worry the question is not about how we set up the
authorisation directives themselves:)) however these URLs fall under the
namespace normally serviced by an external application via JkMount.

e.g.:

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName      repository.example.com
        DocumentRoot    "/opt/www/data/repository.example.com"  # Contains no
files

        <Directory "opt/www/data/repository.example.com">

                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None

                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all

        </Directory>

        JkMount  /       ajp13_worker
        JkMount  /*     ajp13_worker

</VirtualHost>

I would like to apply authentication and authorisation to certain paths that
fall within this virtual host.

i.e.:

Access to the this URL should just be passed on to ajp13 worker and thus the
external Tomcat application to handle:

http://repository.example.com/com/foo/bar/readme.txt

Where as these URLs should be challenged by Apache authnz before being
passed onto ajp and Tomcat

http://repository.example.com/com/foo/private-readme.txt
http://repository.example.com/com/foo/secret/also-private.txt

Is this possible?

Has anyone any suggestions how we might be able to achieve this?

Thanks for the thinking time!

Kind regards,

John