Boyle Owen wrote:
However, I get spurious errors in my logs many times a day:

[Thu Jun 28 11:33:43 2007] [error] [client 41.204.199.248] proxy: error processing body, referer: https://myserver.com/myapp/purchase.jsp?cid=5
21&clr=true
[Thu Jun 28 11:33:43 2007] [error] proxy: got bad response (5) from [::1]:8009 (localhost)

I guess these errors are coming out of mod_proxy as it tries to parse
the response from tomcat. So it looks more like a problem at the tomcat
side...

- what do you see in the tomcat logs?
At the same time, nothing. No errors or even informational stuff even though I have a fairly verbose jboss log.
- what response code appears in the apache access log?
Actually thanks for mentioning that, I see 503 response codes for the majority of such requests (a javascript related page). Our developer says that this is due to an obsolete feature in the code so we gotta fix our app. So I guess that the "bad response (5)" message is about getting a 5xx error from Tomcat instead of a configuration or server problem.
- what does the browser display (if you can reproduce these errors)?
Well, I haven't been able to reproduce this myself so I have no clue what the browser displays or doesn't...

Gunther