Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle XE to run PHP scripts. I have read that it
is preferable to set ORACLE_HOME before starting Apache instead of using
putenv() in the PHP script. I have tried the recommended script.

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
export ORACLE_HOME
echo "Oracle Home: $ORACLE_HOME"
echo Starting Apache
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

Unfortunately this does not work and I still have to use putenv(). I am
using PHP as a cgi.

How can I get this to work?

Jim

James White
Programmer
Biodiversity and Spatial Information Center
North Carolina State University
www.basic.ncsu.edu