Folks,

   I'm still fighting this, and loosing. The apache build gets to the
link stage, and gives
*** Warning: inter-library dependencies are not known to be supported.
*** All declared inter-library dependencies are being dropped.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
ld: fatal: file pure-text: open failed: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libapr-1.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/src/httpd-2.2.2/srclib/apr'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/src/httpd-2.2.2/srclib'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I've reinstalled gcc, the linker AFAIK is Sun's, and I can't get any
clue. I've manually copied the link, and removed --silent, and added --z
verbose, and nothing other than what you see. Does *ANYONE* have any
kind of clue?

        mark