I have setup an apache web server that is doing a few things.  Via
https it is hosting my subversion site.  Then I have a regular, non
https, virtual domain setup for developing my web site.  I would like
to add webdav access to the development site.  I don't know how to
configure  apache such that the webdav access to the development site
is password protected, but normal interactions are not password
protected.

Is there some way to say:  When it is webdav type of connection,
require a password, but if not don't?  Considering I am already
running https, it is simpler to put the webdav on the secure side?  I
tried adding another alias and Location to the https sections and it
did not seem to work real well.  Here is the virtual domain config
section:

<VirtualHost *:80>

   ServerName      webdev.miltonstreet.com
   DocumentRoot    "/apache/www/webdevelopment"

   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/webdevelopment.error_log
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/webdevelopment.access_log combined

   <Directory "/http/www/webdevelopment">
       Options None
       AllowOverride None
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
   </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

And the subversion:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#   DocumentRoot "/http/www/brownvelvet"
#</VirtualHost>

#<VirtualHost bv.miltonstreet.com:443>

   ServerName svn.miltonstreet.com:443
   DocumentRoot "/apache/subversion/wwwRoot"

   <Directory /apache/subversion/wwwRoot>
       Order Allow,Deny
       Allow from all
   </Directory>

   <Directory /apache/subversion/svn>
       Order Allow,Deny
       Allow from all
       SSLVerifyClient require
   </Directory>

   <Location /svn>
       DAV svn
       SVNParentPath /apache/subversion/svn

       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "Subversion repository"
       AuthUserFile /<path>/users-access-file
       Require valid-user
   </Location>

   # This Location is not working
   Alias /webdev "/apache/www/webdev.miltonstreet.com"
   <Location /webdev>
       Options +Indexes
       IndexOptions FancyIndexing
       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "WebDAV Server"
       AuthUserFile /<path>/dav_users.db
   </Location>

   SSLEngine on

   SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

   SSLCertificateFile /<path>/server.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /<path>/server.key

   SSLOptions +StrictRequire

   SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1 +SSLv3

   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
       nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \