OK, I know one can get into trouble real quick with mod_rewrite (or, more
likely in my case, not know it well enough to realize that I can do something
in a very simple way...)

Therefore, seeking expert opinion on how to accomplish this...

Due to a way that an ISP has secure (https:) vs. insecure (http:) methods set
up, I need to be able to rewrite URLs based on a couple of criteria.

The set up:

Standard web site is at "http://foo.site.com/..."; while the secure URL is at
"https://secure.site.com/foo/...";

Basically, I am wondering if there is a rewrite rule that I could use to handle
this.  This needs to affect all URLs in the code as well.

(Basically, make sure that local references such as "/images/blah.gif" become
"/foo/images/blah.gif" and hard URLs embed the site reference into it... The
user will connect to "https://secure.site.com/foo";, but I need to extract the
"foo" to use in the other URLs.)

I'm sure this isn't make terrible sense.  Apologies.  Email would be hugely
appreciated if someone has done something like this before that they can share
* it'll save me a lot of time trying to figure out the best approach.

Thanks in advance..!

\\ Robert J. Granvin                                             Webmaster
 \\ [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Metro State University