On 7/18/07, Min-Hua Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have two virtual hosts defined in httpd.conf

Listen 12311
NameVirtualHost *:12311
<VirtualHost *:12311>
    ServerName twpdev.ora.fda.gov
    DocumentRoot /u07/twpdev
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    ErrorLog /u07/twpdev_error_log
</VirtualHost>

Listen 12312
NameVirtualHost *:12312
<VirtualHost *:12312>
    ServerName oasisdev.ora.fda.gov
    DocumentRoot /u07/oasis
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   ErrorLog /u07/oasis_error_log
</VirtualHost>

I can access the first site using http://twpdev.ora.fda.gov:12311. However,
I found I can also access the same page using
http://oasisdev.ora.fda.gov:12311 because both
"twpdev.ora.fda.gov" and "oasisdev.ora.fda.gov" resolve to the same IP.

This is NOT what I want. So my question is:

How can I configure httpd.conf so port 12311 only respond to HTTP requests
that address to "twpdev.ora.fda.gov" instead of any hostnames that point to
the same IP address? Thank you very much.

You can't, because the hostname isn't known until after the server has
already accepted the request. But you can easily redirect such
requests to a different hostname:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/CanonicalHostNames
or you can return a 403 forbidden error:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ProxyAbuse#head-a178a450101a75a8e474cd2b0a929563275b0c84

Joshua.