On 18/07/07, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/18/07, Andrew Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is what I got from the RewriteLog set on level 9 (highest). I
assume
> the line we are looking for is:
>
> map lookup FAILED: map=citybreaksMap[txt] key=sub_page.cfm/title/Paris
> Outbound/section/General/editID/337
>
> There is it with the space. Now, like you say you can't use the space as
it
> is the field delimiter, any suggestions?

Interesting. It would perhaps be helpful to show the actual
RewriteRules so that we could see where that key is coming from. I
have a couple suggestions:

1. Use a different key where the space is properly encoded. For
example, THE_REQUEST is a variable that often contains a more "raw"
version of the requested path (probably including %20 in place of the
space here).

2. Have mod_rewrite replace the space with something else before
looking in the map.

Joshua.

Hi Joshua.

I tried using the THE_REQUEST, but that get a space in it as well as it
gives:

GET /sub_page.cfm/title/Paris Outbound/section/General/editID/337

And there is space between the GET and the URI. I also tried several of the
other variables, REQUEST_URI and REQUEST_FILENAME, but they either contain
the space or not the whole string. The rewrite rules are:

RewriteMap theMap txt:/tmp/theMap.txt
RewriteCond ${theMap:$1¦NotFound} !NotFound
RewriteRule ^/(.*) ${theMap:$1} [R=301,L]

Any other ideas?
--
Kind regards,

Andrew