On 7/26/07, James Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Getting closer...the following works inside of a VirtualHost:

<VirtualHost web1:80>
ServerName web1

RewriteEngine ON
RewriteRule ^/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/en_US/X01_large.jpg$
/footer.gif

Alias   /wcsstore
"/opt/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/stdwcs1/WC_wcs/Stores.war"
Alias   /wcs
"/opt/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/stdwcs1/WC_wcs/CommerceAccelerator.war"
</VirtualHost>

...however the WebSphere plugin comes BEFORE this virtual host entry...so I
think I need to use it outside of a VirtualHost.  Why won't this entry:

RewriteEngine ON
RewriteRule ^/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/en_US/X01_large.jpg$
/footer.gif

...work outside of the VirtualHost?

You'd need
RewriteEngine On
RerwiteOptions inherit
inside the <VirtualHost> to let the config carry over.

But I doubt that will help with your problem. Whether the Rewrite
stuff is inside or outside the <VirtualHost>, it functions the same.

My guess is that this problem can't be solved in apache because
websphere doesn't play nice with apache config directives. You'd
probably have better luck asking on a websphere-specific forum.

Joshua.