The browser has to prompt for a new password every time you move to a
new realm (ie, URL). So it's up to you - if you redirect to a new realm,
you'll get a prompt. You can't defeat this on the server since it's all
done client side. wikipedia has a good primer on basic auth:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

Rgds,
Owen Boyle