On 8/3/07, Henry Cavillones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi-
>  Im looking to make an entire site password protected, except for some embed
> codes that get processed from publisher sites.

you'll want .htaccess for that.

>  The password protection should not interfere with serving the publisher
>  javascript code that resides at some subdirectory underneath the docroot.

so _everything_ is blocked except .js? you'll need a ReWriteRule to
change index.html to index.js

But why Javascript?

If you _really_ want you want to have a deny/allow:
< * >
 order: Deny, Allow
 Deny All
</>
< *.js >
 order: allow, deny
 allow: all
</a>

and have the code for .htaccess in DocRoot/,htacces and have the
password file point to say /var/passwords/sitename.htpasswd (for
security reasons)

--
Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.