On 8/9/07, Landlord Bulfleet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I have an apache server running multiple virtual hosts. One of them is
> running a django app with mod_python and I would like to be able to restart
> it without restarting the whole apache server...
>
> Any suggestions...

If you absolutely need to do this, then you must run that virtual host
on another instance of apache (using another IP-address/port or using
a reverse proxy as in
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DifferentUserIDsUsingReverseProxy )

But unless you are restarting very frequently, there is no harm in
doing a graceful restart of the whole server. Clients will not notice
at all.

Joshua.