Thanks for the prompt reply - much appreciated.

This confirmed what my experimentation showed, so I've come up with a
solution that, while not quite ideal, seems to be working.

I've created a rewrite matching the "user_score" portion of the uri, and
send only these requests to a new virtual host, which in turn is home to the
cache. So far, it seems to be working. I admit that it's probably not an
optimal solution, but it's reducing load on the back-end cluster
significantly.

Once again, thanks for the help!
Wayne