> I need to display html pages without providing the .html extension in the
> URL?

> To illustrate:  I have a file <DocumentRoot>/readme.html.

> I want to access it as http://192.168.0.100/readme

This may be browser dependent, but with Internet Explorer you don't need an
extension to tell it what the file is. Just drop the .html extension from the
file. A properly formatted HTML file will identify itself when the browser opens
the file. I don't have any other browsers installed to test it, but I bet it
will work with other browsers, as well. Can't hurt to try it.
--
Crash
Running: Windows 2000 Pro - IIS 5 - Apache 2.2.4 - PHP 5.2.1 - Perl 5.8.8