I have searched everywhere, and cannot find a way to change or find
out what the mod_ldap connection pool settings look like.  Is there
currently a way to do this?  If not - are there any plans to make it
configurable?

The module really works well for us, but it is a bit opaque with
regards to what is going on inside the connection pool.  We use a load
balancer in front of our ldap servers, and have had some issues
because the load balancer dropped connections from its conneciton
tables before the connection timed out on the ldap servers.  We have
now set the load balancer's "stale timeout" to be longer than the ldap
server, but it would also be great to be able to change the mod_ldap
connection pool to discard connections based on age.