> On 7/24/07, Jean-Baptiste Mayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I have a trouble
> using
> > a reverse proxy:
> >
> > Server A (HTTP) <---> Reverse-Proxy (apache-2.0) <---> Client
> >
> > The client is a java application that displays real time financial data
> > that uses HTTP as transport.
> >
> > Without the reverse proxy in the middle, everything is working fine.
> >
> > Using the reverse proxy, we loose the real time aspect of the
> > application because data come once in a while (every ten seconds or so)
> > by "big chunks".

Chunked transfer encoding probably?

On 25.07.07 18:11, Jean-Baptiste Mayer wrote:
> I solved my problem by installing and configuring squid which does not seem
> to bufferize data.

Yes, because squid doesn't support transfer encoding yet.
Maybe disabling of chunking by forcing http/1.0 protocol between proxy and
client would solve the problem between apache proxy and client too.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]