hi,
we are using the Apache httpd for development. One issue we are facing
is that the http server writes out an error_log that only root can
read. Our developers need to be able to read this file to figure out
their CGI bugs.

We currently manage this by manually setting the permissions (chmod),
but this has to be done every time we restart the server. How do I
make Apache write out files with rw-r--r-- permissions?

thanks,
satya.