From: kris duff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 11:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Forbidden access to userdir

Hi

I installed the latest apache version (2.2.6).  I used
the default httpd.conf file except for the userdir
directory which is include the file
extra/httpd-userdir.conf

I can access the "main website" from
/[..]/apache/htdocs but when I put the
http://[..]/~my_user  I received on my browser :

FORBIDDEN

You don't have permission to access /~my_user on this
server.

On the access_log I can see the following message :
[...] "GET /~my_user HTTP/1.1" 403 207

And the error_log :
[...] (13)Permission denied: access to /~my_user
denied

my index.html has 777 root.root as privilege and the
"." has 777 my_user.my_user of privilege

I installed apache from source using the following
command :
./configure  \
--with-expat=builtin  \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-module=rewrite \
--enable-module=so \
make ; make install

Everything seems good for me, so I'm looking for some
help or advice to resolve this issue.

Thank you a lot

Kris

      Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email
the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at
http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca