Hi all,

I've hit soetmhing that seemed obvious at first, and I can't get it to work:
I want to be able to do a temporary redirect all accesses to the web
server to / in some cases (maintenance work mainly).

I though that something like that would do, with a single dot to ensure
that only non-empty URLs would go to /:
RedirectMatch permanent ^/. /

But it doesn't work, actually, the empty URL is redirected as well. How
come? I don't understand how it would match?

Any idea? I've googled around, but with no luck. Examples usually show
redirection to a different server, which is not what I want to do.

TIA,

Laurent
--
/ Leader de Projet & Communauté    | I'm working, but not speaking for
\ G11N   http://fr.opensolaris.org | Bull Services http://www.bull.com