Cornelius,

Cornelius Kölbel wrote:
> Hi Neil, hi Paul,
>
> strange strange.
> Finally I gave myself a kick in the a... and compiled the
> libapr_memcache and the mod_auth_xradius with memcache support.
> uah. It was not realy straightforward.
>
> I am not really a developer, so some things might look very dirty:
>
> Here some quick notes:
>
> 1. download apr_memcache-0.7.0
> 2. ./configure prefix=/usr
> 3. edit Makefile and memcache/Makefile this way:
>      LIBTOOL = /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --tag=gcc
> 4. make && make install
> 5. configure mod_auth_xradius
>   ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2  --with-apr-memcache=/usr/lib
> 6. Make will not find the header file of apr_memcache, so I just copied
> it to  mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6/include/apr_memcache.h
>  (yeah, ugly)
> 7. edit Makefile of mod_auth_xradius:
>   LIBTOOL = /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --tag=gcc
> 8. make && make install
>
> 9. reconfigure the apache (memcached runs on 11211 on (k)ubuntu by
> default.)
>     and now it works fine with my OTP-Token.
>
> Thanks for all your work and help.

It's quite possible that it is actually broken.  When Paul was
developing the module I was only ever testing with memcached and I
suspect Paul was too.  If DBM is broken then it would be good if it
could be fixed - not everyone will want to use memcached.  Can anyone
here confirm that mod_auth_xradius works with a DMB store?

Memcached is good if you have multiple servers so they can share the
credentials cache but not so good for persistence as it won't be saved
across memcached restarts.  Not that our server here ever gets restarted
- uptime at 795 days so far!

ATB,

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.