Is there a way to acquire the group via code, like a server environment variable (e.g., like REMOTE_USER) of the group authorized by a require ldap-group (or any group)? This would be extremely helpful in applications where a page would have features depending on the access level of the user. Currently we have to query the LDAP(AD in this case) to get the group and set it in an environment variable. It seems like this is double work, we'd like to dedicate the authentication/authorization handling to apache. Something like a REMOTE_GROUP which would contain an LDAP attribute we could specify. Using apache 2.2 and active directory 2000.

Rich