On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Nicholas Sanfratello wrote:

> I am new to Apache HTTP server and had a question regarding user
> privileges.  Is there a way to prevent users from running applications
> (ex: CGI, php, shtml, ...)?  If so, how would I do this?  I would like
> to only allow users to post files, not run applications.

For CGI, remove all ScriptAlias configuration directives and the .cgi
handler.

For PHP, disable the module (comment out the lines that load the
module) and remove the .php handler.

For server-side includes (.shtml) remove the ability to override Options
and do "Options -Includes" in your configurations.

--
Aj.