Hello,

I'll describe a small scenario to describe the problem:

I added the following lines

AllowEncodedSlashes On

ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:12345/
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:12345/

to my httpd.conf, restarted Apache and started

netcat -l -p 12345

and then

wget http://localhost/foo/black%26white

then netcat gives me as output

GET /foo/black&white HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:12345
Connection: Keep-Alive
[...]

the crucial line is

GET /foo/black&white HTTP/1.1

which is NOT what I want to get from the proxy, but rather

GET /foo/black%26white HTTP/1.1

i.e. the original, untouched URL!

Why does mod_proxy behave this way? Is there a way to change the behaviour? Do
workarounds exist?

Me and other people have asked several times on this mailing list for this
problem [1] but the feedback is very sparse. Some people live with the problem,
some have built workarounds. It would be very helpful to have some solution to
it.

Best regards,
Robert Jaeschke

[1] e.g.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200703.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200609.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200608.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

--
Robert Jäschke                                Tel: +49-(0)561-804-6253
Universität Kassel                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]