I've attached a patch for mod_deflate.c (version 581198 in SVN).  Let me
know if you want a different format, but
    patch -p0 <mod_deflate_581198.patch
should do the trick.

We strongly suggest there is a problem handling the gzip footer while
inflating input data. The original code does not seem to acquire the
footer properly in all cases. The changes ensure the footer is properly
acquired.

This patch has run for over 24 hours without error.  The previous
version would only run from 2-5 hours before errors occurred under
identical conditions (loading, data, etc).  Again, the errors *always*
occurred coincident with the "FIXME" section of code (line 953).

Regards,
Steve Bardsley

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the noted recipient(s)
and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential.

If you received this message in error, you must not, directly or indirectly,
distribute, use, disclose, print, or copy any part of this message. Please
notify the sender if you have received this message by mistake and erase this
email and its contents from your system. Note that any views or opinions
expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, note that email transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, received late or incomplete, or infected with a
virus. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors in the
content of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.