Hi guys.
I'm trying to enable SSL for LDAP authentication on a Debian Etch, Apache version 2.2.3

The authentication/authorization without SSL directives is working properly, but as soon as I try to enable the secure layer, I get this error:

[debug] mod_authnz_ldap.c(373): [18646] auth_ldap authenticate: using URL ldaps://ldap.mydomain.com/ou=People,dc=mydomain,dc=com?uid [warn] [30270] auth_ldap authenticate: user testuser authentication failed; URI /account-management/secure/ [LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Can't contact LDAP server]

I'm pretty sure it's not a firewall issue because I can telnet to port 636 on LDAP server(s).

These are the directives I've set up:

<IfModule util_ldap.c>
        LDAPTrustedGlobalCert CA_BASE64 /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
        LDAPTrustedMode SSL
        LDAPVerifyServerCert off
</IfModule>

<Directory /var/www/it/account-management/secure>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "LDAP authentication for IT"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPURL "ldaps://ldap.mydomain.com/ou=People,dc=it,dc=net,dc=au?uid"
require valid-user
</Directory>

Any suggestion? Thanks!

--