I have wrote a letter to several  apache core developrs but
they all just ignored it or they too busy to answer.

So, the problem is simple:
when an application (script, program) is run under mod_cgid
and it as usually prints all errors to stderr all this output
ends up in main server error log but not in the appropriate
virtual host error log. Also, error log is not formatted properly,
but is not much of an importance.

This bug (or feature, or deficiency) is very persistant and is
known since around 2002. I have installed 2.2.6 lately and see no
changes in the situation. Reading through module code did not give
me a clue what developers think about it. Bug report is marked closed
with LATER.

Such behavior of the module does not allow debugging
of cgi scripts, which renders this module very uncomfortable
and pretty much usless (switching back and forth between mod_cgi
and mod_cgid just to debug is too much hussle).

I have tried to undestand the module in order to try fixing it,
but my current knowldge of apache internals is puny. I didn't get
any clue.

So, my qustions are:

1) What prevents mod_cgid from logging correctly?

2) Can it be fixed at all before apache 3.0 is released in 20xx?

3) When fix can be expected?

4) Is there some kind of workaround? (like writing stderr into
a separate file defined in virtual host config, so at least it can
be placed in the appropriate directory and will contain stderr
messages only from scripts of this virtual host). Is vhost config accessible
for mod_cgid for this?

Thank you all

--
Regards,