Hi all,

I recently installed mod_security and noticed that it would not write to the server logs (the main server logs in /var/log), until I gracefully restarted apache. After reviewing that, I noticed that none of the other files were being written to as well (httpd-access.log, httpd-error.log, and of course, httpd-modsec2_audit.log. Again, oldy enough, after gracefullt restarting apache, the logs start to get written to.

FreeBSD 6.2
Apache 2.2

/var/log/...
ownerships are set to root:wheel
permissions set to 644 (rw-r--r--).

Do I need to restart the apache deamon each night after the logs are rotated? (I am rotating those log with newsyslog).

Is there something else I am missing?

-Grant