Hi,

I'm trying to get mod_cache to work, but doesn't seem to cache directory index
files. Using telnet I sent the following simple requests, i.e. just the
following lines and the appropriate Host: header, nothing else.

"GET /index.html HTTP/1.0" works as expected. error log after first request:
mod_cache.c(131): Adding CACHE_SAVE filter for /index.html
mod_cache.c(138): Adding CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter for /index.html
mod_cache.c(348): running SAVE_FILTER
mod_cache.c(382): SAVE_FILTER: setting up cache
mod_cache.c(641): cache: Caching url: /index.html
mod_cache.c(647): cache: Removing CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter.
mod_disk_cache.c(957): disk_cache: Stored headers for URL
http://host:80/index.html?
mod_disk_cache.c(1046): disk_cache: Body for URL http://host:80/index.html?
cached

"GET / HTTP/1.0" serves the same file, but doesn't use the cache. The error log
only shows
mod_cache.c(131): Adding CACHE_SAVE filter for /
mod_cache.c(138): Adding CACHE_REMOVE_URL filter for /

That's it. Note that the save filter never gets called, i.e. it doesn't even
inspect the content to decide wether it should be cached or not, but looking
through the code I can't find the reason for this. The debug output "running
SAVE FILTER" is just below the two-and-a-half statements that set up the module
configuration, there's no return statement before.

What's happening here?

I'm using a stock 2.2.6 with "CacheEnable disk /", "UseCanonicalName on" and
"ServerName host" added to the default httpd.conf. The DocumentRoot is the one
installed by the tarball's make install.

Regards,
Peter

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  34,95 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2