Is this a file permissions problem? If you're running apache with best security practices in mind, you should be running it under another non-privileged account. If this is the case, and the icon you want to use is from before you reformatted (or after actually) there could be a file permission problem accessing your file (hence it defaulting to a windows icon). This is kind of a shot in the dark, though.

It might be helpful if you were able to provide us with more information about your system and your apache setup.

Can Le wrote:
Hello friends,

After I re-installed to recover windows XP home and Apache2, my personal Icon disappeared, it is replaced by Apache feathered Icon.

I copied and pasted image file favicon.ico from Manual to htdocs, but it won't show the feather image as my page had it before, now it is showing only the notepad logo!. I use the same httpd.conf which was worked OK on Icon.

I restarted computer after I restarted apache2.
Please help me solve the icon problem.

Thank you
Can Le

http://mail.yahoo.com