On Nov 11, 2007 12:21 PM, Alex Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Two questions about logging:
> >
> > 1. Can I log whether or not the current request was operated on by mod_php?
> >
> > I want to determine what % of my requests are PHP.  I've tried to
> > determine this based on filename, but with ForceType and other
> > configuration directives, it's possible for a file to be parsed as PHP
> > even if it doesn't have the .php file extension.
> >
> > I saw the log formatter "%...{Foobar}n      The contents of note Foobar
> > from another module.", and that sounds promising, but I'm really not
> > sure what it means, or what value I might use for {Foobar}.
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

I believe php adds a special http response header to its requests

> > 2. Can I log the actual file that was served, even for directory indexes?
> >
> > I've tried the '%f' log format, and for http://site.com requests, I get
> > a log of '/var/www/site.com/htdocs/'.  If the directory index file was
> > 'index.html', I'd like '/var/www/site.com/htdocs/index.html' to get into
> > the log somehow.

I don't believe that is possible. There are many ways that a request
can get mapped to a file, so there is no way for apache to determine
definitively what has happened. You can take a look at the different
available environment variables (using a printenv cgi script) and try
turning RewriteEnging On, which sets a few extra variables.

Joshua.