Hi all,

My Configuration consists of an Apache 2.0 front-end and Tomcat 5.5.20 backend, I use mod_proxy with mod_rewrite to reverse proxy. We have configured 'sticky sessions' using a rewrite rule, this configuration is soon to be replaced though with Apache 2.2 and the mod_proxy_balancer.

The problem we are having is with redirects, for example after a form posts and an explicit redirect is invoked, such as sendRedirect(URL) (from HttpServletResponse), the URL returned points to the backend Tomcat server instead of the front-end Apache server, despite the URL being a relative path. In other words: redirect to MyApp/HomePage.html should be : https://ApacheFrontEnd/myApp/HomePage.html but instead returns: http://TomcatBackEnd:8080/MyApp/HomePage.html

I have tested the cookie and it is set correctly, as too is the JVMRoute parameter in Tomcat. This occurs notably only with server redirects... all other links work okay.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter