Hi John,

Yes, I do have the JBoss jvmRoute attribute set up correctly.

I also noticed the balance vs balanced wording, and I tested my setup with
both and there seemed to be no difference.  I assume that both wordings are
correct because node2 can respond to requests with both.  (And after any
configuration modification, I do restart Apache with "httpd2 -k restart".)

JBoss also had another configuration setting (thank goodness for taking
notes during setup).  In
jboss/server/myapp/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml,
find the attribute 'name="UseJK"', change value from false to true.

Thanks,
KaJun