Hi

I'm trying to serve a video file with Apache while it is still being created (I
have a separate server-side application that generates videos, the process
takes a few minutes per video and I would like my users to be able to start
downloading right away and not wait for the video to be generated).

The problem is that even if my client reads the response slowly enough to allow
for the whole file to be generated, I still get only the part of the file that
was available when the HTTP request was made - I suppose this is because the
server checks for the length of file when it starts to serve, rather than
serving until it meets EOF. Is there any workaround for that?

I'd be happy if there's some module or configuration parameters that will do
the trick but I can also write some code if needed... My other option is
integrating a streaming server and I'm looking for a faster way to go.

Thanks,
Nick.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs