2.2.6 said "Uninstall previous version" so I took a backup copy of the
"Apache 2.2" directory and proceeded.

After the install I went to my homepage (which you can see at
http://swiftys.org.uk/). It was an old version! Definately mine, but old…
How odd!
I looked at the backup I'd taken, and in there index.html was my current
"version" and dated 27/08/2007
In the live htdocs directory, index.html was an old version from 20/11/2004

1.  Why did this happen?
2. Where on earth did it get that ancient index.html from?

I've now restored my current homepage, so all is well, but
I'm very puzzled, and frankly slightly concerned… what else might be banjaxed?

Incidentally, following the install I couldn't find any way to start the
"Apache Monitor", other than finding it under \Program Files and launching
it manually.  Shouldn't this be somewhere in the Start Menu, under "Control
Apache Server" ?

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk