On Dec 14, 2007 3:43 AM, Bryan Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is this possible?  I assume using Kerberos is possible, but is it possible
> to specify users allowed rather than allowing all users in the Active
> Directory access?

The way to do this is to use the Active Directory for authentication,
but to use your own group file for authorization.

So you set up whatever authentication mechanism works for you and then
add something like the following:

AuthGroupFile /my/group
Require group developers.

Then in your group file you can list all the users (with their AD
logins) that you want to have access as members of the group
developers. (Or any other group name that makes sense to you).

I haven't gotten kerberos authentication working. I have gotten Active
Directory authentication working however, using a perl module.

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]