Joshua,

Thanks for responding.  I had planned on looking into AuthDigest anyway, so
I'll go ahead and do that.  If I end up using AuthDigest, would it then make
sense to only use SSL when actually logging in?

Also, just for sake of knowledge, how should I go about adding a Rewrite to
my SSL host to redirect me to the non-SSL host once I've logged in?

Thanks! -- BTR