$quoted_author = "steve" ;

> not 100% sure, ive never done it, (using deb etch stock install) before
> i accidentely deleted the logs, there was 28 of them, all but 2 were .gz
> and the other 2 were access.log and access.log.1   the only one apache
> ever wrote to was the .1 one.  i made access.log and access.log.1 but
> apache wrote for a short time to access.log, now does not.  root owns
> the apache2 folder and both logs.  it writes to the error log fine. im

can you show as the output of an 'ls -l' in your log directory?

and the output of 'lsof | grep -i apache' before and after apache stops
logging?

> sure its not wise to keep removing apache2 and keep re installing it right??

it's not really a workable solution, no. :-)

cheers
marty

--
"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember
if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth." - George Burns