On Dec 18, 2007 9:04 AM, Asrai khn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2007 2:30 AM, Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > No, if you put it outside of any <VirtualHost> it should log for all
> > virtual hosts.
> >

> Hi Joshua
>
> Thanks for all the tips, i have enabled mod_log_forensic on our shared web
> server and and also get the 'check_forensic' script.
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/check_forensic /var/log/httpd/forensic_log
>
> atm running it gives nothing which is obvious.
>
> Any tip to run it for example every 10 minutes and then mail the 'output' if
> any, instead of running it manually each time?

The point of mod_log_forensic is to run it after an apache crash to
see what requests were in play at the time of the crash. One way for
you to do that would be to monitor memory usage on the apache box and
kill -9 the server when things look to be getting out of control. Then
you run check_forensic to see if you can find the cause.

Joshua.