Joe wrote:
On 17:52 Sun 30 Dec     , Victor Trac wrote:
On Dec 30, 2007 4:53 PM, Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I used to be able to do this in 1.3 but now using 2.2 I can't get it to
work. Running on a Debian server in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf I have
(where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn = my IP address)

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that since
you're listening to a particular IP and port, you'll need to change
your NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> directives to match:

NameVirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80
<VirtualHost nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80>
</VIrtualHost>

/var/www/chris is always pulled up because it comes first
alphabetically, and any request that goes to nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80
(because of your Listen directive) is served by the first matching
host.

More information can be found here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html

Hope that helps.

Trying that and I cannot connect at all. Get the following error

Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:80

Listen 80

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>