Hello Apache users, I am a long time Apache web-server user. Here is the issue:
I have 2 servers: 2.0.54 and 1.3.27. The older version server displays the
correct virtual server with or without a preceding www. or http:// from the
same browser. The newer server redirects the Apache default directory and  of
course the default html page is displayed. I have scoured the config files:
httpd.conf for the older server and apache2.conf for the newer server. I have
tried various redirect URL and directory combinations but the status remains:
no-change. Example:

The old server redirects: mydomain.tld to http://www.mydomain.tld

The new server redirects: myotherdomain.tld to
http://myotherdomain.tld/apache2-default

The particulars follow. Please advise, David.

OS: Debian 3.1 and rh7.2
Apache version: 2.0.54 and 1.3.27