Greetings!

I've been running OS-X 10.3.9, with apache2.2.3 [ldap w/failover to
mod_authn_dbd], mysql5.0.3x & php5.1 all built from source. I've just
upgraded our test server to OSX 10.5, apache2.2.6 & mysql5.0.51. The
problem is that while the DBDDriver connects it refuses to authenticate
valid users. The apache logs which are set to debug return:
"user jones: authentication failure for "/ProtectedArea": Password Mismatch"
When I deliberately provide an unknown user the logs return: "user mary
not found: /ProtectedArea"

Building apache2.2.6 & mysql5.0.51 from source produced no errors. I
copied apr-dbd_mysql.c from apr-util-1.2.12 into apache2.2.6's source. I
then tried to build apache 2.2.6 using the instructions I successfully
used above [customized from "A NetHack-esque Journey"] but that produced
many make & configure errors. I also then tried to use the snapshot
versions of both apr & apr-util to no avail. I've even tried using
different password formats such as encrypt, md5 & sha1 but all I get is
the password mismatch error. Also, when I deliberately provide a bad
password to DBDParams apache refuses to boot with a mysql can't connect
error.

Can anyone provide a hint on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Best regards,

Bill Paredes
Computer Based Education
Albert Einstein College of Medicine