Zvi Kave wrote:
I need an simple module example working with any supported database.
(Let's say MySQL)
including example of the httpd.conf lines.
Something which reads/inserts a line in a DB table.

Two DBD modules with source code - mod_log_dbd and mod_vhost_dbd - are at http://dbd-modules.googlecode.com/

mod_vhost_dbd is the simpler of the two, but I doubt it is much clearer than the regular Apache mod_authn_dbd module.

-tom-

p.s. I found Nick's book to be very clear. Reading "Apache Modules" and a look at the mod_authn_dbd source code was enough to write these modules.