Robin,

On Jan 12, 2008, at 6:34 AM, robingandhi21 wrote:

Please let me know if anybody have any idea of Apache2.2 being FIPS
compliant?

By itself, no. Apache does not do anything special for key management or access control to key material. However, Apache can use a FIPS 140 certified Hardware Security Module like nCipher's nShield card and use keys protected by its Security World. This will make you FIPS 140-2 Level 2 or 3 compliant.

Note: I work for nCipher. Let me know if you'd like more information about using hardware-protected keys.

Sander

--
Sander Temme
[EMAIL PROTECTED]