Hello,

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

That's wrong.  PHP is a handler, not a MIME type.  That ugly hack
was required by Apache 1.0, but has been a nasty bogosity since
Apache 1.1 in 1996.

ah, I see. I started using it with my Apache 1.3.x config where it worked fine and then kept it until my 2.2.4 apache config since it works fine (except for the .html.php thing). But with the upgrade to 2.2.8 I will change this as well. I wili use

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php4
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php5

instead.

AddHandler server-parsed .html

And that's been wrong since Apache 2.0 in 2002, when SSI ceased to
be a content generator and became a filter.  The legacy support for
SSI handlers precludes using dynamic contents with SSI.

Ok, I changed it to

AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml