Hi!

Jérôme Etévé-2 wrote:

> I've got here exactly the same problem, but without any php modules. My
> server serves only static resources and It's flooded with reading state
> request sometime.

We've also got the same problem and as it seems the Apache foundation has
the same problem as well (see this server-status of issues.apache.org:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p15144733/server-status-issues-apache-2008-01-25.htm
server-status-issues-apache-2008-01-25.htm ). The actual problem is that
requests are stuck in "Reading Request" until the timeout occurs. In the
server-status from issues.apache.org you see "R"-request with more than 500s
running.

There are several people describing the same problem with different versions
of Apache (also 1.x) and different SSL implementation - but no solution.

I have made a JMeter test, wich only requests static resources on our server
to find the cause: I can reproduce the problem on our test server. There,
I've done some analysis with netstat and I've seen that there are lot of tcp
connections with "TIME_WAIT" - but I'm not sure if that is in connection
with this phenomenon.

Anybody else got this problem? Did anybody solve this?

Maybe we should file a bugzilla entry?

--
Chris