Hello List,

i use mod_fcgid to start my cgi-applications. http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/
I tried to answer my question with fcgid-documentation. But i think the docs
are a little bit spartan ;)

Is there a possibility to prespawn some apps, for instance php?
i have the problem that some of my users use php (different versions) over
fcgid in their user-context. If the app starts a lot of cpu is consumed by
starting php, after this the parsing of php-file starts.
If i could prespawn this php (maybe 2 or 3 would be enough) i could
distribute cpu-load and result of parsed php-file could provided much
faster.
Are there some recommend settings for different sizes of webservers?
How are your experiences?

Thanks
Andre