Hi.

I'm experiencing one problem with Apache2 on Linux. If
I insert a "RewriteEngine On" line in ".htaccess", webpages
return a "403 Forbidden Error".

I inserted these lines in 'httpd.conf':
------------
<Directory "/var/www/httpdocs">
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride All
  FCGIWrapper /var/www/httpdocs/bin/php5 .php5
  FCGIWrapper /var/www/httpdocs/bin/php5 .php
  Options ExecCGI
  Allow from all
  Order Allow,Deny
</Directory>
--------------

If I create a 'http://www.mydomain.com/phpinfo.php', there's no info
about 'mod_rewrite'.

But if I open '/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf', I see:
-----
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
----

And if I list compiled modules:
[]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules: