On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Eric Covener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Harry Holt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'd start a bug report, but I have a feeling that *somebody* knows it
> > doesn't work, and knows why...
>
> I wouldn't bank on that, wrt ldap-on-windows.  My hunch is still the
> certificate chain that Apache ultimately uses -- an actual packet
> capture on the wire (e.g. Wireshark) might have some handshake error
> or alert.

Well I was thinking it's likely, since whenever the ldap_mod is loaded, it
displays the message

[info] LDAP: SSL support unavailable: LDAP: CA certificates cannot be set
using this method, as they are stored in the registry instead.

Although, you would think that setting LDAPVerifyServerCert to off would get
around that limitation.

... HH